“This situation is not right for having physical events this year. So we are going to make it online. And we are very excited to that this is going to be one of the biggest conferences for CF this year…”
Kishore Balakrishnan talks about “Adobe CF Summit 2020 (What to Expect)” in this episode of the CF Alive Podcast, with host Michaela Light
- Episode Highlights
- What exactly is CF Summit?
- How many years has CF Summit been running?
- CF Summit virtual event stats and interesting facts
- How can I attend it?
- Best practices for attending online events
- Why is it so important to the CF community?
- Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- What is new this year?
- Other CF Summits
- Why should CFers go to CF Summit?
- When is ColdFusion 2020 going to be released?
- What are you looking forward to at CF Summit?
- Mentioned in this episode
- Join the CF Alive revolution
What exactly is CF Summit?
- One place where all CF devs, designers, decision-makers and thought leaders come together
- Meet the CF engineers in person
How many years has CF Summit been running?
- 8 years
- This year goes online
CF Summit virtual event stats and interesting facts
- No cost. It is FREE
- No visa needed
- No hotel room booking
- Other advantages as well
- Dev Week for CF Summit East
- 10x bigger than physical event last year
- This year will be the biggest CF Summit event
- Anyone in the world can attend
- Most of the sessions in the US time zone
- Some will be in European and Asian time zones
- Expecting 5000 attendees
- There will be a way to get a copy of the code
- Up to speakers to share or not
- Should be available immediately after the session is finished
- OK to raise hands and ask questions
- Anything could happen
- Home office new rules apply
How can I attend it?
- The new platform for attending an online webinar (to be announced)
- No waiting for recordings to come out
- Will be available immediately
Best practices for attending online events
- Watch in your time zone
- No back to back talks scheduled
- Enough time to move at your own pace
Why is it so important to the CF community?
- Shows Adobe is fully backing CF
- Show new features in new CF releases
- 65% of attendees are new to CF Summit
- Seeing who is using CF and cool ways they are using
- Community building
Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- 35 speakers already selected
- Once they confirm it will be announced on website
- Some names are already on the list
- Charlie Arehart
- Matthew Clemente
- Elishia Dworak
- Dave Ferguson
- Pete Freitag
- Brian Claas
- George Murphy
- Rakshith Naresh
- Brian Sappey
- Dan Skaggs
- Mark Takata
- Dan Wilson
- CF 2020
- CF Lambda
- Modernizing CF Apps
- API manager
- PDF functionalities
- Security of CF Apps
- And many more…
- November 17-19, 2020.
- Week before Thanksgiving
- Usually in October
- Had to push to November because of the priorities in Adobe crew on CF 2020 release
- Two days, but prolongs to three because of the different time zones
- It is online!
- Usually in Las Vegas, but online this year
What is new this year?
- ColdFusion 2020 should be launched and widely discussed
Other CF Summits
Why should CFers go to CF Summit?
- Learn about a lot of changes in ColdFusion in recent years
- Especially now
- CF goes to cloud
- Talk to CF experts and developers
- Also with Adobe CF crew
- Drop by Adobe booth anytime during the conference
- Contribute to the future of ColdFusion (2022)
- Raffles during the event
When is ColdFusion 2020 going to be released?
- In 2020 🙂
- 3 more months in 2020 left, so not long
What are you looking forward to at CF Summit?
Mentioned in this episode
- ColdFusion 2020 – ColdFusion 2020 release date poll
- ColdFusion 2022
- CF Lambda
- Adobe products
- API manager
- PDF functionalities
- Security of CF Apps
- CF Summit website
- Adobe ColdFusion 2020 Roadmap with Ashish Garg
- State of the CF Union 2020 Survey Final Results
- CF Summit 2019
Michaela Light 0:01
Welcome back to the podcast. I'm here with Kishore Balakrishna, from Adobe all the way from India. And we're gonna be talking about CF summit 2020. And there's lots of new things happening this year. So very excited about that. But before we go on if you don't know who he is, he is the principal Product Marketing Manager at Adobe full cold fusion. And now as well as taking care of marketing and organizing CF summit, he also does some cold fusion sales help as well. And just in case you think he's just some kind of marketing genius alone, he actually did a degree in computer applications. So he actually understands was programming stuff as well. So welcome Kishore.
Kishore Balakrishnan 0:42
Thanks for it all. It's always great to be back talking to you.
Michaela Light 0:46
Yes. And good to hear from you. So what exactly is CF summit? 2020? Because I'm assuming it's not going to be happening in Las Vegas this year?
Kishore Balakrishnan 0:57
Unfortunately, no, we would not be having it in Las Vegas this year. Next year, definitely not the Unfortunately, this situation is not right for having physical events this year. So we are going to make it online. And we are very excited to that this is going to be one of the biggest conferences for CF this year.
Michaela Light 1:21
Wow. When you say the biggest How big do you think it will be?
Kishore Balakrishnan is a Principal Product Marketing Manager at Adobe Systems with a Master Degree in Computer Applications. At Adobe he has held roles of a Quality Manager, Program Manager before becoming the Product Marketing Manager. He enjoys being the ‘voice of the customer' within the organization, liaises with the sales team to facilitate the selling process and clearly communicates the why, what and when to the marketplace for CF. He lives in Bangalore with his wife and kid. Kishore loves his long runs and cooking.
- Twitter https://twitter.com/kishore31
- FB https://www.facebook.com/kishoreb
- Email kishore (at) adobe.com
- adobecoldfusion (at) adobe.com
Michaela Light is the host of the CF Alive Podcast and has interviewed more than 100 ColdFusion experts. In each interview, she asks "What Would It Take to make CF more alive this year?" The answers still inspire her to continue to write and interview new speakers.
Michaela has been programming in ColdFusion for more than 20 years. She founded TeraTech in 1989. The company specializes in ColdFusion application development, security and optimization. She has also founded the CFUnited Conference and runs the annual State of the CF Union Survey.
Join the CF Alive revolutionDiscover how we can all make CF more alive, modern and secure this year. Join other ColdFusion developers and managers in the CF Alive Inner Circle today.
- Get early access to the CF Alive book and videos
- Be part of a new movement for improving CF's perception in the world.
- Contribute to the CF Alive revolution
- Connect with other CF developers and managers
- There is no cost to membership.