Kishore Balakrishnan talks about “Adobe CF Summit West 2019 (All that is new) with Kishore Balakrishnan” in this episode of the CF Alive Podcast, with host Michaela Light.
“…all the ColdFusion developers, that's one place where you get to meet the actual ColdFusion developers who develop the product and interact with them as well. And it's also one place where, and they also in fact, but, uh, it's sort of a place where you could get some ideas from each other. Uh, it's not, it's not an everyday occurrence that I could envision a developer who's developing ColdFusion that is the Adobe engineers, uh, get to interact with the developers, but the actual code developers to know how the features which they're developed are being utilized…”
- Episode Highlights
- What exactly is CF Summit West?
- Why all CFer should go?
- How many years has CF Summit West been running?
- Why is it so important to the CF community?
- Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- Preconference classes
- Postconference classes from Ortus
- The Special Event this year
- Other things you can do in Las Vegas?
- What is new this year?
- Other CF Summits
- Why are you proud to use CF?
- WWIT to make CF more alive this year?
- What are you looking forward to at CF Summit?
- Mentioned in this episode
- Join the CF Alive revolution
What exactly is CF Summit West?
- One place where all CF devs, designers, decision-makers and thought leaders come together
- Meet the CF engineers in person
Why all CFer should go?
- 40 sessions from top CFers
- CF Specialist Certification
- Showcase your CF skills
- Help in CF hiring with a portal of certified CFer
- Career development
- Full day CF classes with Charlie Arehart and Pete Freitag
How many years has CF Summit West been running?
- 7 years
Why is it so important to the CF community?
- Shows Adobe is fully backing CF
- Show new features in new CF releases
- 65% of attendees are new to CF Summit
- Seeing who is using CF and cool ways they are using
- Community building
Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- How – open call for speakers – 160 topic submissions to a topic selection committee led by Elishia
- Abram Adams, Charlie Arehart, Kailash Bihani, Brian Bockhold, Rick Buongiovanni, Matthew Clemente, Mike Collins, Paul Dumas, Elishia Dvorak, Nolan Erck, Dave Ferguson, Tony Ferraro, Daniel Fredericks, Pete Freitag, Ashish Garg, Uma Ghotikar, Matt Gifford, Giancarlo Gomez, Edwin Samuel Jonathan, Brian Klaas, Josh Kutz-Flamenbaum, Andy Lambert, Luis Majano, CEO, George Murphy, Rakshith Naresh, Piyush Kumar Nayak, Uday Ogra, Eric Peterson, Gavin Pickin, Brian Sappey, Suchika Singh, Denard Springle, Greg Stanley, Mark Takata, Andrew Tarvin, David Tattersal, Intergral , Minh Vo, Carl Von Stetten, Dan Wilson, Bradley Wood, Kevin Wright, Bruno Zugay
- Adobe ColdFusion Keynote – CF 2020 sneak peeks
- Angular for ColdFusion Developers
- Approaches to more secure ColdFusion code
- Augmented Reality powered by React Native and ColdFusion – A transformation to mobile app development
- Automating your tasks using ColdFusion Scheduler
- Beyond “Read All”: Build Fine-Grained Control of Amazon Web Services in Your ColdFusion App
- Caching and Performance in ColdFusion
- Closing Keynote
- ColdFusion and Vue – building CFML-powered reactive applications
- ColdFusion for the next decade – All about the buzzworthy ColdFusion 2020
- Customer Showcase: Learn How Central San uses ColdFusion to Interconnect and Manage Enterprise Infrastructure Assets
- Document workflow and management made easy with ColdFusion
- From Legacy to Modern, Techniques to update your Legacy Sites
- GET /cfml – A Guide to Writing API Wrappers
- Getting Started With CF's Docker Images
- Harness the Best of the Best: ColdFusion and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Integration
- Humor That Works: The Secret to Being More Productive, Less Stressed, and Happier
- Making Modules — Utilizing Reusable Code through ColdBox Modules
- Meet Solr, ColdFusion's Search BFF
- No more excuses – let FusionReactor instantly show you performance problems and defects in your code
- Please pass the salt: Serve up passwords with a side of entropy
- Practical Functional Programming in ColdFusion
- Real-time SMS Texting with ColdFusion & AWS
- Reinforcement Learning with ColdFusion – Adding Practical Autonomy To Your Web Applications
- RuleBox : The natural rule engine for CFML
- SQL, I learned enough to break everything
- Scaling enterprise applications with ColdFusion
- Shake N'Bake: Top 10 Performance Tuning Tricks to put you in First Place
- Shut the door to vulnerabilities in your code with these tools
- Start `Integrated` Testing – The biggest and easiest ( testing ) bang for your buck
- Step-by-Step: Migrating Existing ColdFusion Workloads to the AWS Cloud
- Testing – How Vital and How Easy to use
- The What, When and How of Eerie Real-Time Personalization
- The business case for upgrading ColdFusion in 5 easy steps
- Try This At Home: Building Your Own ColdFusion Swarm
- Unleash the Power of the Adobe API Manager
- Using ColdFusion to produce Dynamic Financial Letters
- Vice President and CIO, Coalesce Holdings
- WebSockets 101 : An Introduction to WebSockets on ColdFusion
- WebSockets 201 : Beyond the introduction
- [Angularjs + Reactjs + Vuejs] + CF – Integrating modern day JS frameworks with ColdFusion
- Adobe ColdFusion Certificate Program
- Going from Zero to 60 with Docker and ColdFusion images
- Hands-on ColdFusion Security Workshop
Postconference classes from Ortus
- ColdBox From Zero to Hero
- ColdBox From Hero to Superhero: API Edition
The Special Event this year
- Reception at The Still
- Monday, Sept 30th – pre-conference classes
- Tuesday, Oct 1st and Wed Oct 2nd – the main event
- Includes breakfast, lunch and breaks
- The Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas
- On the Strip
- Only a few miles from the airport
- Easy to get low priced plane tickets to Las Vegas including Southwest
Other things you can do in Las Vegas?
- Stay over the weekend after the event for fun
- Bring your spouse and kids
- Tiger zoo
- Big Shows –
- Big shows, musicals, magic, celebrities and more
- Blanc De Blanc
- Blue Man Group
- Criss Angel MINDFREAK at Planet Hollywood
- Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel in Concert
- FRIENDS! The Musical Parody
- KÀ by Cirque du Soleil
- Le Rêve – The Dream
- Menopause The Musical
- Michael Jackson ONE
- Mystère by Cirque du Soleil
- O by Cirque du Soleil
- The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil
- Tournament of Kings Dinner & Show
- V – The Ultimate Variety Show
- VEGAS! THE SHOW
- WOW – The Vegas Spectacular
- Zumanity by Cirque du Soleil
- Amazing locations
- The Mirage volcano
- Venetian gondolas
- Bellagio fountains
- Great restaurants and bars from simple to swanky
What is new this year?
Other CF Summits
- India Dec 7th, 2019
- Washington DC April 26th, 2020
- New Europe event
Why are you proud to use CF?
- Gets the job done more efficiently than other platforms
- Doesn’t get in your way
WWIT to make CF more alive this year?
- More community participation
- Help to start and run a CFUG
- CF 2020 release
- Products and tool build on CF
- Showcase of CF solutions on Adobe site
- Adobe forums
- Spread the word
What are you looking forward to at CF Summit?
Mentioned in this episode
- CF Summit website
- Adobe ColdFusion Specialist Certification episode
- Adobe ColdFusion 2020 Roadmap with Ashish Garg
- State of the CF Union 2019 Survey Final Results
- CF Camp
- Ortus Post-conference classes
- Las Vegas show
Kishore Balakrishnan is a Principal Product Marketing Manager at Adobe Systems with a Master Degree in Computer Applications. At Adobe he has held roles of a Quality Manager, Program Manager before becoming the Product Marketing Manager. He enjoys being the ‘voice of the customer' within the organization, liaises with the sales team to facilitate the selling process and clearly communicates the why, what and when to the marketplace for CF. He lives in Bangalore with his wife and kid. Kishore loves his long runs and cooking.
- Twitter https://twitter.com/kishore31
- FB https://www.facebook.com/kishoreb
- Email kishore (at) adobe.com
- adobecoldfusion (at) adobe.com
Speaker 1: 00:00 Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Kishore Barry Krishna and we're going to be talking about CF summit west 2019. All it's new and there's a lot new in this. So a new location in Las Vegas, uh, some new speakers and topics sneak peaks about ColdFusion 2020 and um, also some exciting pre-conference classes that we'll get into being selling like hotcakes. So very cool stuff. So welcome. Kishore
Speaker 2: 00:32 thanks Mikayla. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: 00:35 You're welcome. And just in case you don't know, he is now the principal product marketing manager at w got a promotion cause he's been doing such great work marketing confusion and not yes or no, only that he's still coats and cold fusion on occasion when he's not, you know, figuring out how to market the product and putting together amazing events like CF summit with the other team members there. Um, and he does a lot of listening to customers to help understand what's going on and also explaining to people why cold fusion is the best language to use these days. So, um, and he's, Eh, lives in India where he's calling us from. So welcome.
Join the CF Alive revolutionDiscover how we can all make CF more alive, modern and secure this year. Join other ColdFusion developers and managers in the CF Alive Inner Circle today.
- Get early access to the CF Alive book and videos
- Be part of a new movement for improving CF's perception in the world.
- Contribute to the CF Alive revolution
- Connect with other CF developers and managers
- There is no cost to membership.