What do alumni conference goers recommend? We've done research and interviews to find out how to make the most out of your experience and be the most prepared. Do you have any tips of your own?
1. Bring a lot of business cards and make sure to take home anyone's but your own.
2. Bring the right clothes. It is going to be a hot summer week. The Air conditioner will be running, but if you get cold easily, bring a light sweatshirt.
3. Have a list of numbers, addresses, and confirmation numbers in one place. try keeping it all in one envelope.
4. Leave time while at the conference to invite someone you meet to dinner or drinks.
5. Take notes about what you learn about in the sessions and feel free to share a link to your notes in the comments under each topic listed on the website.
6. Follow CFUnited and others to get the most out of the conference.
7. Sleep when you get home; CFUnited is a huge and fantastic event, so make the most of it!
8. If you bring your laptop, find an area in the session rooms near the power strips. And feel free to use the workstation quiet rooms to work or answer emails privately.
9. Ask questions.
10. Drink lots of water. Keeping hydrated will keep you going day in and day out.
BONUS: Thank the conference/hotel staff. It helps to know how things are going.