Kishore Balakrishnan talks about “All about the Adobe CF Summit East 2018 ColdFusion” in this episode of the CF Alive Podcast, with host Michaela Light.
- What exactly is CF Summit East?
- Started in second year of CF Summit in Las Vegas
- For people who can’t travel to West coast
- Expecting 200 people, 160 registrations already two month out
- How many years has CF Summit been running?
- 3rd year
- Why is it so important to the CF Community?
- Networking with other CF developers, CF speakers and Adobe CF senior staff
- Why all CFer should go?
- To learn about Adobe’s commitment to CF
- New features in CF
- Direction of CF
- Roadmap through 2025
- Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- 10 speakers
- Rakshith Naresh – new features of CF 2018 (second half of 2018 release date)
- Elishia Dvorak – CF API manager
- Tridib Roy Chowdhury – Keynote State of CF with customers, Adobe’s plans, customer experiences with CF
- Charlie Arehart – new in CF 10, 11, 2016 that you may have missed
- Pete Freitag – Securing mature CFML codebases
- Masha Edelen – Power of Simplicity in FW/1 Framework
- Eric Cobb – Building Better SQL Server Databases
- Kevin Schmidt – PDF
- Trip Ward – Angular.js and CF
- Mike Collins – Distributed caching
- Dave Watts and Theonic Way – Upgrading legacy CF servers
- Wednesday April 25th 2018, 8am – 5pm
- Includes breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
- 999 Ninth Street NW
- Washington, DC 20001
- Close to last’s year’s location at Marriott
- Near to the metro
- Other things you can do in DC?
- National Mall
- White House
- What is new this year?
- Last year 110 attendees – CF govt focused
- Recording session is planned
- CF growing over last year
- Dollar sales
- Number customer
- Why are you proud to use CF?
- Started as Java dev → QA → CF dev → marketing manager
- WWIT for you to make CF more alive this year?
- CF community paritation
- Spread the CF Alive message
- For every 1 public site there are 4 private/intranets
- 30% of CF installed base is government
- What are you looking forward to at CF Summit East?
Mentioned in this episode
Kishore Balakrishnan is a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe Systems with a Master Degree in Computer Applications. At Adobe he has held roles of a Quality Manager, Program Manager before becoming the Product Marketing Manager. He enjoys being the ‘voice of the customer' within the organization, liaise with sales team to facilitate the selling process and clearly communicate the why, what and when to the marketplace for CF. He lives in Bangalore with his wife and kid. Kishore loves his long runs and cooking.
Michaela: Welcome back to the show. Today, we're looking to talk about the Adobe C.F. Summit East. And I'm here with Kishore Balakrishnan. And we're gonna learn all about this band it's in its fourth year as a lot of exciting changes. So if you haven't heard of the CF Summit East, we're gonna learn what that is, and why all ColdFusion developers on the East Coast see if they can get there. And we also will reveal who the speakers and topics are this year, and the location, and also what is new with the event. And we'll also talk about Kishore’s background. You may not know this; he's the senior marketing manager for ColdFusion Adobe. But he also programs in ColdFusion. So we'll talk about his background later in the show. So welcome Kishore.
Kishore: Thanks Michael for having me on the show, have a lot of good things.
Michael: So… oh great! Yeah I mean we did over 50 episodes last year, and planning to do a similar number this year. So people may not have being, or heard of C.F. Summit East. What exactly is it?
Kishore: So this started couple of three years back when the ColdFusion Summit that we have was in Vegas was in it's second day of… that's been we came to know that lot of people from the East Coast, they're not able to travel to our main event in Vegas. One because some of them are not able to travel down south other things were like they were not allowed to travel to Vegas. So what we did was we started having this event in D.C. This is a third year that we’re having this event in. D.C. Last year we had around 100 attendees coming for the event, and the attendance kept on increasing.