Kishore Balakrishnan talks about “Adobe ColdFusion Dev Week 2021 Revealed” in this episode of the CF Alive Podcast, with host Michaela Light.
- Show notes
- What exactly is CF Dev Week
- Recording too
- Why all CFer should go?
- How many years has CF Dev Week been running?
- Why is it so important to the CF community?
- Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- Mark Takata – the new CF developer Evangelist
- CF Certification online
- Other CF Events
- How is CF as a business doing?
- What are the other things that we could expect this year?
- Mentioned in this episode
What exactly is CF Dev Week
- 3 days of online CF goodness
- 8 sessions per day over several timezone, with breaks during the day to keep up with home or work
- Not just webinars – interact with other CFers, CF engineering team, sponsors
- One place where all CF devs, designers, decision-makers and thought leaders come together
- Meet the CF engineering team
- Network with other CFers
- Replaces the in-person event CF Summit East (due to the pandemic)
- 3 days of online CF goodness
Why all CFer should go?
- 23 sessions from top CFers
How many years has CF Dev Week been running?
- 6 years
Why is it so important to the CF community?
- Shows Adobe is fully backing CF
- Show new features in new CF 2021 release
- Seeing who is using CF and cool ways they are using
- Community building
Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- How – open call for speakers – committee led by Kishore, Elishia, Dan Wilson, Brian Klaas, Mark Takata
- Giancarlo Gomez – WebSockets 101: An Introduction to WebSockets on ColdFusion
- Mike Collins – ColdFusion Scaling
- Corbin Crutchley – Using ColdFusion APIs in Expo Mobile Apps
- Luis Majano – Building modern web apps with ContentBox Modular CMS
- Brian Sappey – API MP
- Pete Freitag – Securing ColdFusion Applications
- Cloud Features in CF 2021 – CF engine
- Dave Ferguson – NoSQL, solving your relationship problems one model at a time
- Brian Sappey – CI/CD Framework
- Charlie Arehart – ColdFusion at 25: not the kid most have stuck in their minds
- Rey Bango – Security Session
- Sami Hoda – What’s New at AWS in 2021
- Burke Holland – I was wrong about Azure
- Mike Brunt – Java – Write Once Run Anywhere – JVM – Not “Out Of The Box Ready”!
- Ben Nadel – Feature Flags Change Everything About Product Development
- Ray Camden – Extending PDF Capabilities with Adobe Document Services
- Brian Klaas – Developing apps with Queues and Pub/Sub Mechanisms (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ, etc)
- David Byers – ColdFusion Modernization Challenges – Improving Legacy Code while Retaining Your Sanity
- Mark Takata – The CIO’s Perspective: ColdFusion 2021 By the Numbers
- Mark Takata – RAD SPAs w/ CF & JS
- David Tattersall – Become an Application SUPERHERO – Reduce technical debt impact and keep applications performing as they should
- Keynote – CF 2021 and the next version – Asish Garg
- Mitrah Soft
- Lucid Outsourcing Solutions
- Fusion Reactor
Mark Takata – the new CF developer Evangelist
CF Certification online
- Take any time
- Tue 22 – Thu 24 June, 2021
- US time zones
- Immediate recordings
- Completely free
- Register at https://adobe.vconfex.com/
Other CF Events
- CF Summit online December
How is CF as a business doing?
- New customers
- 20% over target
What are the other things that we could expect this year?
Mentioned in this episode
- CF Dev Week website
- CF Certification
- CF 2021 new features (CF Alive pod)
- State of Union survey
- Adobe ColdFusion Dev Week
Kishore Balakrishnan is a Principal Product Marketing Manager at Adobe Systems with a Master Degree in Computer Applications. At Adobe he has held roles of a Quality Manager, Program Manager before becoming the Product Marketing Manager. He enjoys being the ‘voice of the customer' within the organization, liaise with sales team to facilitate the selling process and clearly communicates the why, what and when to the marketplace for CF. He lives in Bangalore with his wife and kid. Kishore loves his long runs and cooking.
- Twitter https://twitter.com/kishore31
- FB https://www.facebook.com/kishoreb
- Email kishore (at) adobe.com
- adobeconfusion (at) adobe.com
Michaela Light 0:03
Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Kishore balakrishna from Adobe. And we're gonna be talking about ColdFusion development week 2021. She's coming up in 19 days as we're doing this recording probably less days when you actually listen to this episode. And we're going to be revealing all the speakers and topics are new and talking about why all ColdFusion developers worldwide go to this event. Welcome Kishore
here we got a script.
How you doing? Doing great, so fabulous. The sun has come out now. So fabulous day. For those of you don't know, Kishore, he's the principal Product Marketing Manager for ColdFusion Adobe. And he also you know, he's the voice of the customer his forte, you know, if you have concerns or questions, you can always direct them to him. And he talks to a lot of organizations who use cold fusion to find out you know, what they're doing with it.
All kinds of things there and he's coming to us live from Bangla through India. So
Kishore Balakrishnan 1:15
yes, stay, stay, stay, stay healthy. Keep, you know, keep doing good things we call fusion, by the way that those who don't know it just in case you think Kishore is like a marketing propellerhead. Really, he did a computer science degree. So he actually understands all this cold fusion stuff. I started working with cold fusion way back in 98, or sorry, around 2000. And I
didn't get a chance to get into it. But yes, I knew about cold fusion at that time. So
Michaela Light 1:51
that's great. Alright. So what exactly is cold fusion developer week?
Michaela Light is the host of the CF Alive Podcast and has interviewed more than 100 ColdFusion experts. In each interview, she asks "What Would It Take to make CF more alive this year?" The answers still inspire her to continue to write and interview new speakers. Michaela has been programming in ColdFusion for more than 20 years. She founded TeraTech in 1989. The company specializes in ColdFusion application development, security and optimization. She has also founded the CFUnited Conference and runs the annual State of the CF Union Survey.