(Interesting initial CF Survey 2020 results)
I am happy to share interesting State of CF survey 2020 partial results (full details in that link)
- Lucee 5.3+ is the most popular version this year with CF 2016 in second, just ahead of CF 2018.
- ColdBox was just beaten out by “Homegrown” as the most popular general framework, followed by FW/1, Fusebox and CFWheels
- Vue.js has come ahead of Angular since last year as the most popular JS framework. With React in third place.
- GitHub is the most popular source control, with Git based BitBucket and GitLab coming up behind. Non-Git solutions are way behind.
- Visual Studio Code overwhelmingly beat Sublime Text and Notepad++ as the most popular editor for CFers
- CommandBox, AWS and Container deployment has increased since last year but most CFers continue to use their own servers or ISP servers
- Hardly any CFers had hacked servers this year. Win!
- Favorite reasons to keep coding in CF: RAD, fast to learn, fun coding, great language features, existing CFML code base
Thanks to the hundreds of ColdFusion developers who have filled out The 2020 State of the CF Union survey already!
The survey ends this month, Thursday April 30th. Could you help out spread the word by telling your CF friends on any ColdFusion lists, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google groups you are on? Or if you have a blog thanks for blogging about it.