Gavin Pickin talks about “State of CF Union Survey Analysis (part 2)” in this episode of ColdFusion Alive Podcast with host Michaela Light.
“we're going to be doing our second part on the state of the ColdFusion survey results. And we've got some very interesting data that we found we've done Gavin put together some really cool graphs show it so if you're watching on video, be able to see those if you're not on video, you can go to the show notes page on teratech.com to have a look at the graphs when we get to those.”
1. What is the State of the CF Union survey
- When did it start? 2007 as part of CFUnited conference
2. Why do you run it every year?
- Making CF more Alive – best practices and tools all CFer could be using!
3. Frameworks and Methodology
- 15. What miscellaneous frameworks/tools are you using?
- 16. What CF features do you use for code reuse?
- 17. What do you use for source code control?
- 18. What tools/IDEs do you use?
- 19. What browser Dev Tools do you use?
- 20. What do you use to build REST APIs?
- API Manager
- 21. What caching solutions are you using?
- 22. Do you use Message Queues (MQ) in your CF apps? If so which one(s)?
5. Your Programming Background
- 23. How many years have you used CFML?
- 24. How many years have you used OO?
- 25. Other languages/environments you use?
- 26. How many CF developers at your organization?
- 27. How many total employees at your organization?
Mentioned in this episode
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Gavin Pickin – Software Consultant for Ortus Solutions
Gavin has a passion for learning and cannot understand why the 9-5ers aren’t listening to podcasts while changing diapers, watching video tutorials while cleaning baby bottles and folding clothes, or putting the kids to sleep with soothing phone gap mobile application cookbook recipes.
- Gavin Pickin (@gpickin) / Twitter
- George “Gavin” Pickin | LinkedIn
- Gavin Pickin – Web and Business Developer
Michaela Light 0:01
Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Gavin pickin from audit solutions. And we're going to be doing our second part on the state of the ColdFusion survey results. And we've got some very interesting data that we found we've done Gavin put together some really cool graphs show it so if you're watching on video, be able to see those if you're not on video, you can go to the show notes page on tourtech.com. To have a look at the graphs when we get to those. If you don't know Gavin, he's originally from Down Under in New Zealand. And he's been doing cold fusion for ever, I want to say 1999 or something like that. Yeah. And he used to be at working at the University of Auckland, but now he moved to California is working for autists solutions where he does amazing things. And in particular, he you don't say this new bio, but don't you? Aren't you the force behind content box isn't that you
Gavin Pickin 0:59
did spend a lot of time doing a lot of work the content box, but it got to a point was pretty stable. And we're using it and using it. And so we focus more on? I've been doing a lot more Vue js stuff and API's and testing. And so yeah, I mean, we're just trying to push back on content box right now I don't do as much with it. I need to get back to it. But there's plenty of other things, including the podcasts, which keeps me pretty busy too. So yeah,
Michaela Light 1:25
modernize or die podcast. You and Brad and whoever else you get on the show, so keeps very cool. Podcasts to keep people busy. Anyway, grateful you do that podcast. And thanks for coming on the CF live podcast here. So I guess we should just for the people listening have no idea what the state of the CF union surveyors, what is the survey? Gavin?
Michaela Light is the host of the CF Alive Podcast and has interviewed more than 100 ColdFusion experts. In each interview, she asks "What Would It Take to make CF more alive this year?" The answers still inspire her to continue to write and interview new speakers.
Michaela has been programming in ColdFusion for more than 20 years. She founded TeraTech in 1989. The company specializes in ColdFusion application development, security and optimization. She has also founded the CFUnited Conference and runs the annual State of the CF Union Survey.
Join the CF Alive revolutionDiscover how we can all make CF more alive, modern and secure this year. Join other ColdFusion developers and managers in the CF Alive Inner Circle today.
- Get early access to the CF Alive book and videos
- Be part of a new movement for improving CF's perception in the world.
- Contribute to the CF Alive revolution
- Connect with other CF developers and managers
- There is no cost to membership.