I was a guest speaker in an episode of Chicago CFUG, with host Daniel Garcia.
Here are some of the topics discussed in the podcast:
CF Alive Making ColdFusion Modern, Vibrant and Secure By Michaela Light
- Who is Michaela
- Legacy ColdFusion
- Modern ColdFusion
- CF Tools
- Vibrant ColdFusion
- CF dying?
- What aspects of CF are preventing you or your company from embracing CF?
72% CF is seen as dying/legacy.
– Annual State of CF Union survey, 2018
- Modern CF
- CF and Docker
- Virtual machine
- Share same config with others, staging and production
- orchestration layer tools
- Better testing
- Free CF
- CF Docker tools
- Source control
- Server monitoring
- REST APIs and microservices
- Easy front end integration
- Dependency Injection Frameworks
- Package Management
- WWIT to have a happy, healthy ColdFusion developers community?
- Better CF Community
- The CF Alive Revolution
Mentioned in this episode
- Lucee CFML
- CF Alive book
- CF Alive podcast
- CF Alive Inner Circle
- TeraTech blog
- TeraTech YouTube channel
- Regular Social media posts (TW, LI, FB)
Daniel Garcia 0:01
Okay, I like to thank everyone for coming this evening. We've got quite the treat. We've got Michaela light is going to talk to us about CF Alive. She's been doing some fantastic. evangelism, I guess is a great word for this and why ColdFusion is just awesome still, and it's always been awesome. And we're going to let her tell us why. So thank you very much.
Yeah, thanks for inviting me to the Chicago CFUG. And, yeah, I'm going to talk about CF Alive, which is the title of a book I published last fall. It was actually released at the CF Summit West in Las Vegas. And the subtitle is making ColdFusion modern, vibrant and secure and we'll talk about all those aspects of it. So fabulous. And we go so the roadmap for CF Alive is that confusion is modern and alive. And it's great for doing complex data-driven applications. And while some companies have abandoned ColdFusion as dying, you know, more visionary developers like ourselves, have embraced CF and learn how to make it more modern. So more modern, secure. And also, I think if you look at how ColdFusion is used in the most modern web development, departments and shops is the most state of the art web development ecosystem. So we'll look at why that is.
So who am I? As I said, I wrote the book CF Alive. I'm also host of the CF life podcast. I just out of interest. How many people here have ever listened to any CF Live podcast episode? Maybe you can tell me how many people raise their hands if any four of us and one of our move on you with the podcast at Bertram? Oh yeah, he was a guest.
Join the CF Alive revolutionDiscover how we can all make CF more alive, modern and secure this year. Join other ColdFusion developers and managers in the CF Alive Inner Circle today.
- Get early access to the CF Alive book and videos
- Be part of a new movement for improving CF's perception in the world.
- Contribute to the CF Alive revolution
- Connect with other CF developers and managers
- There is no cost to membership.