Here is your 72-page state of the CF Union 2017 report (right click on image to download)
We have summarized all the ColdFusion analysis and commentary in this 72-page report. Highlights include:
- It's nice to see the ColdFusion 9 numbers finally shrinking.
- Lucee 5 is actually more popular than CF 10 or CF 2016.
- Reasons to have your laptop on Linux.
- What is the most popular framework? There's a lot of people still using a custom homegrown
framework or they don't use a framework at all.
- Surprisingly ORM isn't an incredibly popular option in the ColdFusion community.
- What exactly is mocking and why should you be using it?
- Who wants to go through thousands of lines of codes just because you upgraded the server? How to avoid.
- IDEs and tools are always a good place for a healthy discussion among developers. And CFers are no
- Most CFers are using Chrome and only fire up Firefox when Chrome is feeling sick for
- The average age of web-based technologies is actually around 22 to 23 years. If you look at Java,
write web applications is actually a bit older than ColdFusion. We're below average, but that's not to
detract from the fact that the language is very mature. Food for thought.
- Who are the “darker dark matter” CFers that don't even go to conferences but they're still coding in
- What aspects of ColdFusion are keeping you or your company from using it?
- Many ColdFusion developers aren't aware of the modern tooling and resources available. We give details on what you might be missing
- The difficulty of finding CF developers + the radical solution!
Special thanks to Brad Wood who helped me edit the survey questions and reviewed the results with me in two webinars.
While you are here check out ColdFusion Alive, the only podcast dedicated to helping CFers thrive in their jobs and growing the CF programmer community. Discover practices, tools, techniques, tips, trends and what is new in the world of ColdFusion today.