Elishia Dvorak talks about “Everything CF Summit That You Need to Know” in this episode of ColdFusion Alive podcast with host Michael Smith.
- What exactly is CF Summit?
- The largest developer focused Adobe conference
- Largest conference focused on ColdFusion and related technologies
- Large budget
- Why is it so important to the CF Community?
- Shows the commitment of Adobe for CF
- Lots of CF tech info to learn
- Why all CFer should go?
- 40 sessions rich with CF info
- 2 keynotes
- optional labs and workshops
- The most Adobe CF folks
- Network with CFer you have only met online before
- When is it?
- Thurs-Friday Nov 16-17 2017
- Wed Nov 15 optional labs and workshops
- Where is it?
- The Mirage, Las Vegas
- The hotel is nearer the conference floor (2 minutes from the elevator to the conference space. No need to walk
- Tropical pool setting and wildlife exhibits
- How much does it cost?
- Early bird price $349
- $130 pre-conference labs
- Extra discount Announce2017 $249
- Special discounts for government employees or group discount
- cfsummit (at) adobe.com
- Easy to get low priced plane tickets to Las Vegas including Southwest
- Early bird price $349
- How many years has CF Summit been running?
- 5 years!
- What is new this year?
- New venue
- New CF content
- More hands on lab workshops
- 4 tracks, 40 sessions
- Revealing the Speakers and topics that you are excited about
- Charlie Arehart What is new in CF 10, 11 and 2016 that you didn’t know about
- Brian Klass AWS and CF, auto scaling
- Adobe Engineers behinds the scenes of CF 2018 features
- Nolan Erck Aguilar.js and CF
- The Special Event this year?
- Thursday night Casino view + free drinks event at restaurant
- No loud band
- Other things you can do in Vegas?
- Stay over the weekend after the event for fun
- Bring your spouse and kids
- Big Shows –
- Mystère by Cirque du Soleil.
- Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil.
- LOVE Cirque du Soleil.
- Le Rêve – The Dream.
- Pitbull – Time Of Our Lives.
- Blue Man Group at Luxor.
- Criss Angel MINDFREAK LIVE! …
- KÀ by Cirque du Soleil.
- Criss Angel MINDFREAK LIVE!
- David Copperfield
- Penn & Teller
- Piff the Magic Dragon Show
- Boyz II Men
- Britney: Piece of Me
- Carlos Santana
- Céline Dion
- Donny & Marie
- Elton John The Million Dollar Piano
- Jennifer Lopez ALL I HAVE
- Reba, Brooks & Dunn
- Tenors of Rock
- The Righteous Brothers
- Wayne Newton: Up Close and Personal
- World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues
- Amazing locations
- Venetian gondolas
- Bellagio fountains
- Great restaurants and bars from simple to swanky
- Why are you proud to be involved in CF?
- WWIT for you to make CF more alive this year?
- CF Summit
- More CF training
- What are you looking forward to at CF Summit?
And to continue learning how to make your ColdFusion apps more modern and alive, I encourage you to download our free ColdFusion Alive Best Practices Checklist.
Because… perhaps you are responsible for a mission-critical or revenue-generating CF application that you don’t trust 100%, where implementing new features is a painful ad-hoc process with slow turnaround even for simple requests.
What if you have no contingency plan for a sudden developer departure or a server outage? Perhaps every time a new freelancer works on your site, something breaks. Or your application availability, security, and reliability are poor.
And if you are depending on ColdFusion for your job, then you can’t afford to let your CF development methods die on the vine.
You’re making a high-stakes bet that everything is going to be OK using the same old app creation ways in that one language — forever.
All it would take is for your fellow CF developer to quit or for your CIO to decide to leave the (falsely) perceived sinking ship of CFML and you could lose everything—your project, your hard-won CF skills, and possibly even your job.
Luckily, there are a number of simple, logical steps you can take now to protect yourself from these obvious risks.
No Brainer ColdFusion Best Practices to Ensure You Thrive No Matter What Happens Next
Modern ColdFusion development best practices that reduce stress, inefficiency, project lifecycle costs while simultaneously increasing project velocity and innovation.
√ Easily create a consistent server architecture across development, testing, and production
√ A modern test environment to prevent bugs from spreading
√ Automated continuous integration tools that work well with CF
√ A portable development environment baked into your codebase… for free!
Learn about these and many more strategies in our free ColdFusion Alive Best Practices Checklist.
Mentioned in this episode
Elishia Dvorak Technical marketing manager for ColdFusion. She started out as a CF developer.
Michael: Welcome back to the show. I'm here with Elishia Dvorak from Adobe and she is the technical marketing manager for cold fusion and in charge of C.F. summit and we're going to talk today everything about CFSummit that you need to know. And we're going to look at what exactly C.F. summit is and why it is so important to the cold fusion community. Why every cold fusion developer should be going to this and we’ll also look at the technical details of when it is, where it is, how much it costs, special discounts. We’ll look at what's new this year and we’ll be revealing for the first time the speakers and topics of just being announced real soon now that Elishia is excited about. And also a little sneak peek info on the special event this year. So, welcome Elishia.
Elishia: Thank you Michael and thanks for having me and hello everyone, nice to virtually meet you and talk with you today. I'm really excited about cold fusion summit this year. So, really excited to get into the detail and what you know about it.
Michael: Great! So for those people probably a few percent of people listening don't know what cold fusion summit is but let's make sure everyone knows what it is.