Adobe ColdFusion CF Summit East 2018 will start soon, on April 25th, 2018 in Washington DC and it is free to attend. It is already being talked about a lot on the CF Slack channel, LinkedIn groups and other social media channels and groups.
Adobe is expecting more than 200 people to be there, and already there’s more than 160 seats taken. (hurry up and register if you want to go!)
This is the East coast counterpart of Adobe’s more bigger event, the Adobe CF Summit (West) conference, which takes place in Las Vegas each year in the Fall. CF Summit East is mainly for the people who can’t travel to LV for any number of reasons (including LV business travel restrictions, budget issues). This is their 6th year in a row to organize this conference in the East Coast. This is the last year's highlights
One of the things that are very interesting is that this is FREE. Yes, that’s correct. It is free to go to this event. It even includes breakfast and lunch. Who said there is no such thing as a free lunch?
Most of the speakers have been with the product for as long as it exists. We already know the names of the 10 speakers and what they will be talking about:
- Rakshith Naresh – new features of CF 2018 (second half of 2018 release date)
- Elishia Dvorak – CF API manager
- Tridib Roy Chowdhury – Keynote State of CF with customers, Adobe’s plans, customer experiences with CF
- Charlie Arehart – new in CF 10, 11, 2016 that you may have missed
- Pete Freitag – Securing mature CFML codebases
- Masha Edelen – Power of Simplicity in FW/1 Framework
- Eric Cobb – Building Better SQL Server Databases
- Kevin Schmidt – PDF
- Trip Ward – Angular.js and CF
- Mike Collins – Distributed caching
- Dave Watts and Theonic Way – Upgrading legacy CF servers
From Government CF to all CFers
Last year event was titled the CF government summit – but in reality it was not all CF government focused. This lead to some confusion on who should be attending and this is why this year it’s does not include government in the name. All CFers (including government ones) are welcome to attend.
Why is it important?
It is important for all ColdFusion developers to go because you will learn about:
- New features in CF
- Direction of CF
- Roadmap through 2025
This event is very important for the ColdFusion community, and everyone using ColdFusion. It's the largest developer event on the East Coast focusing just on ColdFusion and the place for all CF developers and users to network and to address all the problems and challenges they’re facing and have people from Adobe directly present and involved and willing to listen and develop on that basis.
Adobe is committed in its roadmap until 2025 to improve and upgrade ColdFusion. It is nice to see Adobe’s commitment towards the product marketing with the CF Summit event.
- CF Summit East Adobe blog post
- CF Summit East registration
- CF Roadmap 2018 episode with Rakshith
- Everything CF Summit episode
This year conference will be recorded so you can expect a lots of good material as a follow-up. Make sure you attend this one and let us know how it went.